Saturday, October 24, 2009

Notes: 5 countries in 3 weeks, Part 1

Guide to the one who is adventuring in reading these notes. I will write as I will feel, sometimes in English sometimes in Romanian or Italian. I intend to share my thoughts, starile mele de gratie and informazioni on the places and people.
I invite you to fill in the gaps :)

The Netherlands, Amsterdam

Eleganta pe biciclete si berea pe trotuar.
I missed the combined sound of Slovak, Dutch, Romanian and English, the taste of Holandse Neue Haaring, the view of 2 bikes, the touch of an old map and the smell of freedom.
I got lost in the music of the planes taking off and the strong colors-red, green, yellow and blue- of a soul e ho lasciato I miei sogni riposarsi nella “camera da letto” (Van Gogh, 1888).


For 7 hours transit time in between flights we took a return ticket from the airport to the city (7,40 Euros cash, if you succeed in paying with card is only 6.40, we didn’t :)). For a 45 minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal and 12,50 Euros, it’s worth visiting Van Gogh Musem .

We made a bet on who’s going to sit next to us, my guess was a Spielberg type of man…but my calculated deviation proved to be 1 row and two seats, Edith’s option…disappeared:).
On the plane, as any adventurous blonde Romanian, was trying to watch a movie but I called the flight attendant because I was pushing each botton seeing that my remote did not work :) (it was a too early try, it takes a while before they turn on the screens with movies and games) .
Am fost intrigata ca scaunul meu nu se lasa pe spate si m-am incapatanat sa tot apas pe buton pana cand tanarul simpatic de langa mine mi-a spus foarte delicat…acela este butonul de la scaunul meu :)…noroc ca nu servisera inca bauturile :).


Mind the…Bikes and the Buttons

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dear dear....and you haven't seen the most wonderful of the exhibitions: Van Gogh at Kunstmuseum in Basel...what a great tour of force from the organisers to assamble over 75 original VG paintings from National Gallery, Amsterdam, Arles Foundation and rareful or unique private colection paintings...astonnishing!!!

Hai ca iti scriu si eu tot in acelasi ton!

Succes la scris si vizionari!

Irina Miu said...

tre sa recunosc...pe olteneste...n-o vazui, dar...you never know, vorba elvetianului :)

Multam fain si bine ai revenit acasa:)

Who am I...

My photo
Timisoara, Romania
I am Miu and I believe happiness is a choice